Mukesh Ambani led telco “Reliance Jio” is now entering into fintech targeting merchant and retailer community in India by launching its point of sale terminal (POS terminal). The PoS machine is supposed to be known as “Jio Prime Partner”. Here we are going to discuss everything related to Jio Prime Partner such as how to apply, eligibility criteria, registration, required documents, charges and more.
About Jio Prime Partner
Like other PoS devices, Jio Prime Partner PoS Terminal is an electronic device used to process payments at the merchant store. The device transfers the funds from the customer’s account to the merchant account easily. The transaction takes place between a merchant and a customer when a product is bought using a PoS device to complete the transaction. To avail the Jio POS device you have to pay Refundable security deposit of Rs 3000. The amount will be refunded/adjusted at the end of the complimentary welcome pack.
What You Get
- Exclusive Jio 4G Integrated device with pre-installed JioPrime Partner App and Jio 4G SIM connectivity.
- 0% Charge on debit cards (Upto Rs 2000 per transaction).
- 56 Days complimentary welcome pack.
Jio Prime Partner Benefits & Features
- Zero Charges on credit/ debit cards*
- Instant credit of card/digital payments into our account
- Add many more customers from your locality
- Now offer supermarket type promotions to your customers via coupons
- Increase customer loyalty with your store
- Get pre-loaded SKUs for easy billing
- Full GST services and support as per your need
- Replacement of device within 24 hours, in case of a complaint
- Full Data Security
- Your own Jio relationship Manager locality is available to you.
How to Apply for Jio Prime Partner Merchant?
Update: Reliance Jio has started the registration process through this link www.jio.com/JPP. An interested merchant can submit the application form by visiting the above link.
- You need to visit the merchant registration page
- Enter mobile number, first/ last name and then generate OTP
- Verify your number using OTP
- Provide Business Details, Payment Details, Documents
- After successful verification, your merchant will be activated
- On receipt of MAF, KYC documents etc and on approval of Services by RPSL for the Merchant, RPSL shall activate the Merchant Account
- You will be eligible to apply for Jio PoS Machine
- You can also call on 1800-896-2000 to become Jio Prime Partner.
Required Documents for Registration
- Aadhar card/ Driver’s License (Expect MH Issued)/ Passport/ Voter ID Card
- Trade License or Registration Certification (Or any other business license issued by Govt. Authority)
- Cancelled Cheque/ Bank verified Letter/ Bank passport copy with your/firm’s name printed on it)
- Two photographs of all authorized signatories
- Registered partnership/Trust HUF deed/ certificate of incorporation etc (as applicable).
Note: Two sets of photocopies of all documents needed.
Login Jio Prime Partner Account
- Head over to the official website from here
- Enter your mobile number and password
- That’s it; you will be logged into the merchant dashboard
- You can also open Jio Prime Partner App on your Jio PoS Machine to log in your account.
Jio Pos Machine
The Jio Prime partner PoS Machine comes with Tap & Pay features, 2D/3D high-speed barcode scanner, Pre Installed Partner App, Thermal bill Printer, long-lasting battery, 4G connectivity. The device accepts card payments, Jio Money Wallet, BHIM UPI etc.
Charges & Fees for Jio PoS Transactions
For Credit Card: Merchant will be charged at 1.2%.
For Debit Card: Transaction value less than or equal to Rs 2000 will be charged at 0.00% and for above Rs.2000, Merchant will be charged at 0.4%.
Jio Prime Partner Handheld/ PoS Subscription fee
|Refundable Security Deposit||Rs.3,000 (Per Point of sale Handheld)|
Coupons & Offers to Customers
If you are a customer, then you can avail coupons and discount offer by giving a missed call on 18008953333. An SMS will be sent your mobile with an exclusive link. Just click on the link and choose a current location. A list of products along with offer details and merchant store will be shown on your smartphone.
Note: Reliance Jio has not announced anything officially about Jio PoS/ Prime Partner. However, details like its registration process, service charges, features (as posted above) are already circulating on the Internet/ Youtube. We will update the article after the official launch with complete details.
The Jio Prime Partner offers merchant fast, easy and secure way to accept payments digitally from customers. The best thing is a customer can now also enjoy discounts when they purchase a product through card and wallet payments at Jio’s Partner Store.